.

Friday, December 27, 2019

I Am A Leader - 1229 Words

Part Four: Be a Leader – How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment In the final section of How to Win Friends and Influence People, Carnegie discusses the best way to approach the more uncomfortable topics when it comes to handling and managing people. This section will instruct prominent business leaders on how to correct others and give them orders. While being able to win friends and favors is essential to business, there will be times when more sensitive matters must be handled as well. This section is equally as important as the others in becoming a well-rounded leader. When discussing a person’s faults, it softens the blow to begin with a few good points as well. It is easier to listen to unpleasant remarks when we have already been praised on our good points. Delivering bad news or faults in this way is not only more tactful and diplomatic, but also may make the person more receptive to the information that is being given to them. This first principle on how to change people without giving offense or arousing resentment is this: â€Å"Begin with praise and honest appreciation.† If overt criticism is necessary, the recommended way to do so is to call attention to the behaviors that need changed indirectly. Instead of overtly telling someone they have broken a rule, subtly remind them of the rule and ask them to follow it in a gentler way. This method can work wonders with people who are more sensitive, and would be embarrassed by an outrightShow MoreRelatedI Am As A Leader And An Effective Leader1129 Words   |  5 PagesLeadership Paper Throughout this course I have been challenged to take a more in depth look at how I am as a leader and what my strengths and weaknesses are. I have always been some that takes charge and likes to have control over situation, but I have been tested to take a deeper look into my leadership skills. I have found that there are a lot of things that I will have to change in order to be an effective leader, and an effective leader that has followers. Out of the seven aspects of leadingRead MoreWhy I Am A Leader1370 Words   |  6 PagesSince deciding to join the Leadership Challenges, I now have a better understanding of who I am as a person. Through this learning experience, I have discovered my leadership philosophy and how to implement it in the most effective way. I now know that leaders are not just one type of person, but are diverse and lead in many different ways. I have learned that leaders can be both extroverts and introverts and still be effective in their leadership abilities. The Leadership Challenges have made meRead MoreWho I Am As A Leader936 Words   |  4 PagesIt is hard to identify a particular â€Å"Legacy Leader.† It is especially difficult when I cannot definitively state who I am as a leader. Everyone knows what qualities a Soldier should hold. Most have the desire to be of sound mind and judgment. I always put the troops and the mission first, no matter what the consequences. Primarily, th ose qualities came from one of the best platoon sergeants I have worked with as a Soldier and a Noncommissioned Officer (NCO). Sergeant First Class (SFC) MichaelRead MoreI Am A Born Leader1544 Words   |  7 Pages The Leader Within Pathways CP-22 Internship May 27, 2015 Justin Graff There are many kinds of leaders; some lead through position and authority, while others lead through inspiration and vision. Some people are simply natural born leaders. However, whether one was born a leader or has to become a leader, all great leaders spend time developing their traits. Similarly, when you train for a sport, you first learn to develop the fundamentals, and then you work to master and apply themRead MoreI Am Becoming A Leader1561 Words   |  7 Pageschild, I was the student that helped other students with their projects and homework. I was the one the teacher looked to, and knew I’d be able to speak to my peers in a way that would make sense to them. I became a mentor to those that struggled, and a friend to those that required more than just homework help. As an adult, this feeling and need to help others did not go away, it evolved. No longer am I helping with homework; I am guiding coworkers and becoming the associate my boss relies on. I amRead MoreI Am A Leader Of Soldiers997 Words   |  4 Pagesâ€Å"I am a leader of Soldiers.† As a senior Noncommissioned Officer, I aspire to always put Soldiers first and lead from the front. Leading troops encompasses so much more than simply standing in front of a formation or putting out information. Even as a reservist, senior Noncommissioned Officers eventually learn that to lead effectively, the job entails much more than one weekend a month. My leadership philosophy shows that taking care of Soldiers remains my number one priority, and once that philosophyRead MoreI Am A Great Leader800 Words   |  4 Pages Leaders are everywhere and when I think of great leaders I have had the pleasure of interacting with, the first ones that come to my mind are my Grandparents, Virgil and June Watts. After my first thought, my mind floods with many other people who I consider great leaders but my Grandparents are always the first that I think of as great leaders. My Grandpa taught me abo ut hard work, respect, the importance of family, and the ability to understand you may not always get along so you have to learnRead MoreI Am A Better Leader788 Words   |  4 PagesAdvanced Organizational Course I have a better understanding of the vital mechanisms of being a great leader. I have a better understanding of the suitable steps to become a better leader in my professional life. My leadership ideas center on my performance not necessarily on what I say. This course has made quite an impression on how I view leadership. After reading the list of leadership functions by Yuki, Wall, and Lepsinger, 1990 it opened my eyes to what type of leaders management fits into. TheRead MoreI Am a Cultural Leader816 Words   |  3 Pagesthat being said, this paper will examine life experiences and changes I have gone through that contribute to my existence as a cultural leader. As way of illustration, growing up in South Orange County, California - one of Orange County’s youngest cities - allowed me to interact with diverse ethnic groups around the globe. Such groups involved were Latinos, Caucasians, Asians, Middle Easterners, and Jews who made me who I am today. In fact, more often than not, many were nationalists from otherRead MoreI Am A Spiritual Leader1811 Words   |  8 Pagesis to give a brief glimpse into my understanding of the why I believe that I am a spiritual leader. I will integrate my previous experiences within leadership as well as highlight my current leadership capabilities. Sherenda as a Leadership Some may say that great leaders are born. While there are some born leaders, I believe that most leader gain their skills through extensive practice. This is the road that has been given to me. I believe that effective leadership is much more than simply giving

No comments:

Post a Comment